Work with us
Currently, we are not actively recruiting. However, you are welcome to submit an unsolicited application.
Work with WINS as an expert
French speaking Junior Expert (m/w/d) on Governance and Migration in the MENA region
- degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Law, Public Administration or any other relevant field
- 3 years of work experience related to Governance and Democracy Experience in international cooperation is an advantage, as well as good knowledge of the institutional landscape in regard to international development
- managerial talent and expertise, the capability to find solutions and decision making competence; work experience in project management is a pro
- experience in conceptualising monitoring systems and in conducting evaluations are of advantage
- languages: proficiency in German and French language are required, competence in Arabic would be an additional asset. We value the capability to communicate across cultures.
What can you expect
- you support the project managers in conducting key informant interviews and focus group discussions (e.g. appointment management, co-facilitation and co-moderation, documentation and transcription).
- you prepare presentations (incl. visuals) and provide support to data analysis and reporting
- you ensure the quality of documents in French language with regard to orthography, syntax, style etc. and you provide own editorial contributions
- you assume tasks in the area of project management (e.g. coordination tasks, steering local experts, time accounting, etc.)
- you might participate in the design of new projects in the areas of Governance (e.g. Public Management, Migration) and Democracy (e.g. Strengthening Parliaments, Anti-Corruption, Human Rights)
- you contribute to coordinating teams during project implementation and ensure communication with financial management
What we offer
- a meaningful, challenging task with opportunities to make an active contribution to sustainable development,
- a three to six months assignment, with the possibility of continuing employment afterwards,
- Space for learning and innovation,
- committed and motivating colleagues in an organisation with flat hierarchies,
- a start-up atmosphere in Berlin
- Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
The position is based in Berlin, and the work might require travelling to project destinations. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The project commences in July. Please send in your applications at firstname.lastname@example.org.